Frequently Asked Questions

How do I pay you? 

My compensation is broken into three categories: 


This is how I am compensated for most of my mediation, advisory and consulting services and it is pay for actual services rendered. I do customarily provide an initial consult to scope your scenario but further services will be charged at a per hour rate. This includes outside research and coordination. The Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA) does play into this as it prohibits me from benefiting multiple times for financially on the same loan. If your preference is this or if you are at a point your divorce where this makes sense, I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ORIGINATE YOUR LOAN ON ANY TRANSACTIONS REQUIRING RESPA COMPLIANCE. In this capacity, I will be acting as a divorce professional and NOT as your lender. I can refer if you would like and even work with a lender that you have a history with as you Divorce Housing Pro. 


There are some occasions where your case might be simple enough to scope for a fixed cost or they only need a standard report. Under these circumstances, I will provide you a quote reflecting this fixed cost. Please note that additional services and requirements resulting from this will be scoped and charged per my hourly model. 


If I am acting as your lender through my employment as a loan officer and receiving a commission, that will be the compensation that I received and no other per RESPA. In this capacity, however, the services that I provide will be more in line with traditional lending and loan practices.